My blog "Diary of a Dollmaker" has been neglected ever since I started it, but starting from now, I'm making a commitment to be more faithful! I’ve been meaning to write this post for months now, so finally I said tonight is the night! I’ve put my feet up, grabbed a tall glass of iced water & started typing.
I did get a little side-tracked with watching the new “I am Woman” movie about Helen Reddy (my goodness how fabulous was she? May she rest in peace xx), but I think I did ok. I love reading snippets about other creatives, so I hope you enjoy learning a little more about me too xx
- I returned to work as an employee this year for the first time in 14 years. I thoroughly enjoy going to work and can hand on heart say I’ve never enjoyed a job as much as this one (besides Upper Dhali of course!).
- I have Von Willebrand disease which is an inherited bleeding disorder. I have low levels of clotting protein & it takes me longer to stop bleeding.
- I’m the eldest of 3 girls - there’s a 6-year age gap between me & Miss Middle and 10 years between myself and Miss Youngest. The age gap was a struggle for me during my younger & teenage years - I often felt like the outsider & the one that didn’t fit with them. Thankfully the journey of “adulting” changed that 💕
- Fleetwood Mac is my jam. I could listen to them all day and all night for the rest of my life and never get bored of their music. I couldn’t walk or talk for days after I went to their concert due to dancing so hard & singing so loud ha-ha! The absolute BEST music experience of my life (alongside seeing Stevie Nicks in concert and belting out Stand Back & Edge of Seventeen 🙌🏼).
- I became a Mum at the age of 26 and now have 3 children - 2 sons & a daughter.
- Skin Cancer - I’ve had many base cell carcinoma skin cancers removed & the radiation therapy removal is horribly painful 😖 Due to my skin scarring quite thick & white, the scalpel wasn’t an option for me for my face. It’s treatment I will need to find my peace with moving forward, as for each one removed, another two arrive.
- Favourite food - Indian and Thai comes in at a very close second!
- I have developed Clair senses. Clairvoyance (seeing), Clairaudience (hearing), Clairsentience (feeling) & Clairalience (smelling). It started many years ago, however, became more apparent when I was pregnant with my first child 20 years ago. With each pregnancy, new Clair senses presented. There’s only been two unpleasant spiritual experiences, the rest have been lovely. Some stay a while, some pass through quickly. Now I’m working in a historical building, I’ve had two new spirits visit which has been a wonderful surprise and I’m looking forward to learning more about who they may be.
- My favourite movies of all time are Grease, Xanadu, Wizard of Oz, Mary Poppins, Anne of Green Gables, The Greatest Showman & Bohemian Rhapsody.
- I’m a terrible cook and no, I’m not ashamed to admit it 😂 It’s not all bad though - I can cook a mean lasagne & roast lamb plus a pretty delicious cob loaf dip, but anything other than those, it’s definitely a task delegated to others.
If we have anything in common or if you have any questions that you would like to know, leave a comment below.